Centre International St. Joseph is a collaborative project of all the Congregations of Sisters of St. Joseph in the world, having their origins in the Congregation founded in 1650 by Jean Pierre Medaille, SJ, and six women, in Le Puy-en-Velay, France. Since that time, Congregations based on that foundation and committed to its mission of “total double union, of persons with persons, and persons with God,” have spread throughout the world, and now number 14,000 members, in 55 countries.
In this 21st century, recognizing the urgent need for understanding and respect among peoples, cultures and religions, for one another and for the planet, the Sisters of St. Joseph of the world have created Centre International St. Joseph.
The mission of the Centre is to promote interaction, collaboration and communion among Sisters, Associates and lay partners in creating an earth community based on the values
of right relationship with God, with others, and with the planet.
International Centre Board
L-R: Sisters Nancy Sullivan (Canada), Maria Goretti O’Connor (Annecy), Ieda Tomazini (Chambery), Barbara Bozak (Translator – Annecy), Patty Johnson (United States), Catherine Barange (Lyon), Nicoletta Dana (Italy), Odile Gaillard (France).
Centre International St. Joseph
3 chemin du Couteau,
43000 Aiguilhe, France